BumRiteDiapers.com was established in 2009 by a mom wanting to promote the use of wash-at-home modern cloth diapers that leave a baby's bum, the Earth and the parent's wallet in perfect harmony! www.BumRiteDiapers.com is part e-commerce, part mom-support. The website, Facebook page and blog aim to educate the public on the benefits of using the new, modern cloth diaper: Easy (to use), Environmentally Friendly, and Economical.
Since we opened in 2009, we've eliminated 29,000,000 pounds of plastic from our landfills, educated over 14,500 households on the benefits of cloth diapering, and kept over $26.1 million in our customers' wallets (vs. the $1,800 more that each would have spent on disposables).
BumRiteDiapers.com has shipped cloth diapers all over the USA and
World: Dubai, Australia, Iceland, Sweden, Brazil, Argentina, Malaysia,
South Africa, to name a few countries....Customers from around the globe
are figuring out that cloth is best. And EASY. Now, we need to
educate the Napa population. These aren't your grandmother's cloth
For every child in disposable diapers:
- 6.75 trees will be cut down
- 2850 pints of crude oil will be used in making and transporting the diapers
- 1075 pounds of plastic will be thrown away.
Cloth diapers are Better for Baby, Better for the Earth and Better for the Wallet. And what is better than that!
- Less rash. Babies are changed more often.
- Cloth allows air to circulate.
- Cloth and elastic hold in the "soiled matter" better than a flimsy piece of plastic-paper.
- Cloth is more comfortable for baby.
- Cloth facilitates a better mind-body connection and, generally, a cloth diapered baby will potty train sooner than a child diapered with disposables.
- Cloth is fashionable!
- Human waste is flushed down the toilet (where it is treated at our waste-water treatment plants and returned to the eco-system) - not put in our landfills.
And....the financial aspect....
Please help to spread the word. Many people have no clue how far we've come in design and textiles. The reasons to use Cloth Diapers are irrefutable.
Elizabeth Van Emst
Chief Bum - Passionate Cloth Diaper Advocate
or 855-BUMRITE (855-286-7483)