on orders $99+
to the Continental USA
|Klean Kanteen: the Original Stainless Steel Bottle|
In 2004 Klean Kanteen® introduced the first personal hydration bottle made from stainless steel to give health and environmentally conscious people an alternative to plastic. We have yet to see another bottle company, stainless or otherwise, that makes a product comparable to our high quality, handcrafted bottles or that commits to strong environmental and labor standards.
SMART IDEAS by our customers
"...Did you know that the Avent bottle lids fit these perfectly, and so do Avent bottle nipples and Mam bottle nipples? There are also a lot of other types of Avent sippy spouts that can be used with them. Oh, and when your kids get older, these are great for the bottle holders on bicycles, too! I can't rave about these bottles enough!"
-Christine S., Reviewing the Klean Kanteen 12oz Sippy
Ships the Same Day when you place your order before 2pm PST Monday-Friday.
It's the healthiest, safest bottle you can buy.
Our bottles have always been made from toxin-free materials,
with large-mouth openings and rounded corners and threads so they're
easy to clean. We also offer all-stainless cap options in all bottle
- You never have to worry about the materials in a Klean
Kanteen®. Toxin-free materials: We did the research for you and selected
high quality, 18/8, food-grade stainless steel for the bottles and
BPA-free polypropylene (pp#5) for the caps. Quality stainless steel
doesn't need a liner like aluminum bottles, so it doesn't retain flavors
or make drinks taste funky.
- Curvy corners and rounded threads
- It's easy to clean our bottles because they were
intentionally designed with radius (rounded) corners. The bottle doesn't
have any sharp edges or hard angles where dirt or bacteria can hide. We
also use large, rounded threads that are easy to scrub out so dirt,
bacteria and germs don't get stuck in the threads of either the bottles
or the caps.
- Functional large-mouth openings
- You can handwash our bottles or throw them in the
dishwasher. Either way, the large-mouth design of both the Classic and
Wide bottles makes it easy to keep them clean and sanitary.
- 100% stainless environment
- All Wide bottles have a cap with stainless steel on the
inside so drinks never touch plastic. You can order all-stainless caps
for Classic bottles as accessories too, an option you won't find from
other brands except Klean Kanteen® imitations.
- The food-grade stainless steel we use doesn't need to be
lined with plastic or baked-on epoxy like aluminum bottles, so you'll
never have to check to make sure the inside of your Klean Kanteen® is
still safe and intact. Because our bottles don't have a liner, they
don't retain flavors or make drinks taste funky either.
Klean Kanteens are handmade and designed to last.
When you buy a Klean Kanteen® you're getting a handcrafted
bottle designed to last a lifetime. We use an extremely high quality
metal that will remain stain and rust resistant for decades.
- Every Klean Kanteen® is made from pieces of stainless steel
welded together by hand then electropolished for a smooth, shiny
- The walls of Klean Kanteen® bottles are noticeably thicker
than most copycat brands. It's a well-researched balance between weight
and durability, so they don't dent easily. If you take care of your
bottle, it can last a lifetime.
- Not all stainless steel is the same. We make our bottles
using an extremely high quality metal so our bottles stay stainless and
We don't greenwash. Klean Kanteens really are eco-friendly.
Klean Kanteens® are made to be refillable and reusable so you'll
never need to buy water in a plastic bottle again. The bottle itself is
also 100% recyclable, and in keeping with our commitment to
environmental sustainability, Klean Kanteens® are manufactured responsibly in China at factories that are committed to strong environmental and fair labor standards.
- Refilling and reusing your Klean Kanteen® instead of buying
drinks in single-use plastic containers keeps thousands of plastic
bottles from entering the waste stream.
- We work with our manufacturing partner in China toward
achievement of strong environmental standards put in place to protect
the earth, water and air and to reduce the environmental impact of the
- We visit our factories regularly, sometimes unannounced, to
make sure that the workers who handcraft each Klean Kanteen® are
treated well and paid fairly. We require fair labor standards, including
the ethical treatment of factory workers, child labor rules, wages and
benefits, health and safety.
- We partner with a number of likeminded organizations including the Breast Cancer Fund, NatureBridge and Healthy Child Healthy World—organizations working to bring about environmental and social changes we support. We're also a proud member of 1% For the Planet.