Totally Low End homemade video on HOW TO use a prefold with a Snappi Fastener
This PINLESS diaper fastener offers a practical and reliable way to fasten a cloth diaper. It comes in a
variety of colors and is made from a stretchable non-toxic material, which is T-shaped, with grips on
each end. These grips hook into the diaper fabric to ensure a snug-fitting diaper with enough natural
movement for the baby.
A cover is necessary over the Snappi® fastener.
The benefits of this fastener include:
• SAFER THAN PINS - no more pinpricks for baby or parent!!
• RELIABLE - a snug fitting diaper to prevent those dreaded leaks
• DURABLE - no snaps that can become brittle/rust, nor any velcro to catch all the fluff in the wash!! At least if your Snappi fastener needs to be replaced, your expensive All In One diaper is not wasted!!
• ECONOMICAL - inexpensive and saves parents who wish to cloth diaper from having to purchase expensive diapers as they can be used on flat or prefold cloth diapers
• HYGIENIC and EASY to use - allows first time parents, grandparents and people with arthritic problems to cloth diaper with ease.
• It is as easy as 1- 2 - 3
EXTRA SAFETY FEATURE!
The Snappi® Fastener underwent a 'makeover' in 2006. When the Snappi® is not in use, fold the loop over the back of the Snappi® end to fit over the teeth of the white grip - see photo. This acts as a barrier and prevents the sharp teeth being exposed. These loops are NOT to be pulled on when attaching the Snappi® fastener to the diapers. Hold the solid part of the tab instead.
WARNING: Keep all Snappi fasteners out of children's reach when not in use.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Snappi® fasteners must be used responsibly and need to be used correctly in order to work effectively.
1. STRETCH the Snappi® before its first use. The stretching triggers the 'memory' of the Snappi® to return to its original size, and in so doing, will pull the diaper together to the middle to allow for a snug fit. This is essential for the Snappi® to work properly. This can be done by holding the Snappi in the center with one hand, and close to the end of the leg with the other hand. Then s-t-r-e-t-c-h each leg 10 times. As you do this you should feel how the material 'softens' or gets more elastic.
2. Make sure that the Snappi® is ATTACHED SECURELY. It is important that the Snappi 'leg' being attached be stretched across the diaper before hooking it into the diaper. When attaching the Snappi hold onto the solid part of the tab. DO NOT pull on the loops.
Hook left. Stretch ACROSS and Hook Right. Stretch DOWN and Hook Center.
In other words, the Snappi® should go from a 'T' shape to a 'Y' shape.
By following these instructions, the Snappi® should be secure and the diaper will fit snugly. ALWAYS place a cover over the diaper and Snappi fastener
How to Use a Snappi®